Monday, May 01, 2006

Wood or Not to Wood?


To Wood or Not to Wood? During my illustration career I have always tried to mimic my traditional watercolor/acrylic styles throughout my digital work. Currently I am working on a new project for a client of mine, and I am trying to get that more folk like look. Let me know what you think whether I should use a wood texture to create the illusion of being painted on wood or whether the illustration is strong enough without it.

Or if you have any other comments or constructive criticism about this illustration, let me know.

Thank you for any input,

- Merrill

3 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

No wood. I like it! 'OnYa'-ma

Christine Walker said...

no wood

Anonymous said...

Definitely no wood. Your work stands on its own without it.